Thursday, November 10, 2011

Lemon Pepper Chicken Noodle Soup

Chris’ favorite soup is also just about the easiest soup possible. Take the following ingredients:
 
Chicken broth
Cooked chicken, diced
Wide egg noodles
Carrots, chopped
Celery, chopped
Lemon juice
Lemon pepper seasoning
Salt
Pepper

Bring chicken broth, carrots, and celery to a simmer. Simmer until vegetables are beginning to soften. Add egg noodles and cook until tender. Add lemon juice, lemon pepper, salt, and pepper to taste. Stir to ensure the lemon juice is warm. Add the chicken and stir until hot throughout. Taste again and add more lemon juice or seasonings to taste.

Or substitute:
Rice, dumpling, or other preferred noodle for wide egg noodle
Chicken bouillon and water for chicken broth
Turkey for chicken

Add, if desired:
Parsley
Rosemary
Other veggies

Basically, I do everything in this soup to taste. I usually use around 32 oz of broth, but if I want it to be “more soupy,” I add more. I most often use about 6 oz of noodles. I usually end up adding more lemon pepper at the end. It is a most forgiving soup… enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment